Friday, November 11, 2005

A Headline What I Seed

The Islington Gazette at the moment has the faintly horrible headline on its boards:

Why I Killed Hooker
on lurid flourescent paper. Mmm. Nice.
The best one of those I've seen (headlines, that is, not dead hookers - I don't keep some kind of all-time mental top ten of murdered prostitutes - what kind of man do you think I am?) was one in Crouch End:
Crouch Enders Oppose Concrete Plans
"Let's go to the King's Head tonight, and we can watch the comedy. Meet you in the pub, table by the door at quarter past seven, no, tell you what, make it eight-ish, or should we meet earlier, perhaps at the clock tower? Tell you what, I'll give you a call, maybe." There's a possibility the headline was about a concrete factory and locals' response to it, but it doesn't seem very likely now, does it?

0 blabberers have blabbed about this: