Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On Being Gaffer-Taped to a Chair

I just need clarification over a point of etiquette:

When one of your housemates has you gaffer-taped to a chair, and then eventually you manage to free yourself, is it legitimate to complain that you're now in pain, have ripped all the hair off your arms and have broken blood vessels from getting free? Or was I just being sensitive?

Also at the weekend I went on some dodgems at the glamourously named Alexandra Palace Boating Lake Car Park Funfair, to which one whizzed around banging into bloodthirsty seven year-olds to the mournful strains of Hank Williams' 'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry', the saddest song ever recorded. This didn't stop me ramming people, though.

Also went on the boating lake itself in a dilapidated rowing boat, where we chased ducks, avoided a family about to kick off in a pedalo, and listlessly circled until some undesirables and their dogs had left. Good old Alexandra Palace.

2 comments:

  1. I will explain again: I am not responsible for any pain inflicted, I only taped you up, you were the one who ripped the tape of causing the pain - you big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think that just about covers it all. On another topic:

    1 bed flat wanted, Crouch End. Must have large bath, mortice deadlocks on all doors and windows, CCTV, videophone entry, alarm. email terrified869@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete