Friday, February 11, 2005

Search Engines in Their Infinite Variety

Being a nerd, I gain great delight from things that the ordinary well-adjusted member of the public might not. I get to see things like the things people type in to search engines in order to get directed to this page, and generally they bring me the sort of pleasure normally associated with seeing your first child, curing an infectious disease or discovering a really good anagram of "Beethoven's Ninth Symphony".

The one that's tickled me today is

Someone who searched Google for "dear prick" "i didn't know you were such a prick" - the page you're on was the only page that came up.

Also, someone visited the page after searching for "Tony Blair's speeches", but I'm not sure they'd really have gained much from the experience.




For that nerdiness I owe you some fun. here is a link to Mr Picassohead, allowing you to create your own masterpiece. Or not, as you wish. I just like the name.

The Spam-O-Matic is good fun. It generated an email that started:

DO YOU FEEL HUMANITY\'5 C0NTINU3D 3XI5T3NC3?
---------------------------------------------------------------
N0 MORE! those times are over. GET INSTANT CURING YOUR ILLS 100%!!!!
Did you ever think..... it doesnt w0rk!?
Now it does! Read on--Jim\'s Product2000(TM) this will help you GUARANTEED


Which can only be good for all concerned.

1 comment: