Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Thought for the Day Special Easter Edition

Yesterday was Easter Sunday, the day that the Easter Bunny died for our sins. I am reminded of the occasion when my father decided that, as atheists and cheapskates, we would buy our easter eggs after Easter, when the grocers, fearful of wastage, would have discounted their Easter-related goods accordingly. When we went to town there were no eggs left, and we had to make do with ordinary priced non-Easter chocolate.

Moral: It is easier for a camel to get into heaven than for someone to remove a needle from a rich man's eye.

2 comments:

  1. Have you eaten my easter egg yet? Because I just know you want to you easter egg thief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it would be fair comment to say that I am a chocolate thief, I think it's a bit unfair to brand me an easter egg thief. I can honestly say that I've never stolen any easter egg in my life. Except perhaps my brother's, between the years 1983 and 2005.

    Anyway, how do you know I didn't wolf it all down for breakfast, and wash it down with a few cans of Stella, and then wipe my chocolatey mouth clean on first editions of Ian McEwan books? Eh?

    ReplyDelete