Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Thought for the Day

The Right Reverend Angriest speaks from the BBC's Religious Affairs studio in Cambridge:

The Chrismas carollers were singing in Crouch End this evening. They went, "the hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight". Well, that set me thinking. What are my hopes, and more importantly, my fears for 2005?

My fears

1. That all of my opinions and tastes will be matched perfectly by Mojo Magazine, as I become increasing old and conservative. So what if I choose to spend my valuable leisure hours reading a 24-page article slavering over Ringo Starr's solo career?

2. That Donkey from Shrek won't get his own spinoff film, and I'll have to endure Mike Myers' Scottish-ish accent in yet another film (c.f. the Austin Powers films, So I Married an Axe Murderer, and I suspect Wayne's World but I can't remember, and imdb doesn't have a section on outrageous accents, which is an oversight, I think). Think I'm the only one who values the Donkey role as Eddie Murphy's finest hour? Wrong.

3. Becoming the object of Michael Howard's affections, and daily receiving a single red rose with the card bearing stanzas of Michael's explicit love poetry.

I live in a constant state of fear, don't I?

0 blabberers have blabbed about this: